Thursday, March 19, 2009

Catch up

I am not off to a good start. I did not post anything yesterday. Partly because I spent my entire lunch break out of the office, and partly because of LOST night, and I spent an hour watching TV when I got home from work instead of writing. So, this will be my catch up post and then I'll post more tonight, hopefully.

I don't have anything terribly exciting to report about yesterday. I spent a good bit of the TV hour watching CNN and Fox News. President Obama was holding a "Town Hall Meeting" in Orange County California. The main topic being the economy and AIG's use of the bail out money. It's frustrating because it is nice to see a president addressing the people so often, but I also have a hard time believing anything he says. Not because he is a democrat, but because he is a politician. I don't believe any politicians, republican or democrat. Everything they say is not said to reveal the truth to the American people, but rather to manipulate. I just want to know the facts. As Abraham Lincoln once said, "I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts".

Reading John Adam's biography and the historic times we are living in at the moment (the worst recession in 100 years) have caused me to take a greater interest in learning about politics. I'm not sure what I can do as it feels like there is very little that an individual can contribute to such a massive issue. This isn't just the United States, but rather a global recession. I don't agree with a lot of what Congress is doing at the moment, with all of their excess spending. I don't agree with some of Obama's stances on issues either. But I hope and pray that we come out of this with a stronger economic foundation and maybe a less federalist government. Here's hoping.

No comments: