Friday, December 28, 2007

If I had a dollar for every book I didn't write...

So, I've always wanted to write a book. Problem is, I have little patience to write the details of the story and am much better at overall concepts and plot lines. My brother however is very good at the details. He mainly writes poems because he doesn't have the patience to develop plot lines. Funny, huh?

Well, a few years ago, Eric told me he thought we should write a book. The idea lasted about a week, maybe two before we both lost interest. Recently, mainly due to my lack of gaming, my watching such great movies as the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Pirates of the Carribean, I feel inspired to try again. Over Christmas, I mentioned that we should co-write something. He latched on to the idea and so far, a week later, we are still going.

I'm outlining the story and the character details. He has been acting as my editor and sounding board so far. It's pretty exciting, although, as a realist, I am tempering my enthusiasm with the reality that not everyone can can be J.R.R. Tolkein and few even get published. But so far, I'm letting myself dream lofty dreams. : )

1 comment:

J. Edward Jr. said...

Write a book. Great Idea!

But might I make a tiny little small suggestion.

NINJAS in panda costumes.

I think you are with me.